1883 The Italian entrepreneur Giovanni Batista Pisetta founded a limestone quarry in the location of the current cement plant; he was supplying limestone blocks for the construction of railways from the quarry.
1891 Tests confirmed the suitability of the raw material for the production of Roman cement.
1895 až 1914 Pisetta had two brick kilns built for clinker burning with a capacity of 70q per kiln. Later on, three more lime burning kilns were added, each with a capacity of about 140q.
1922 Tests performed at a research institute in Brno and Berlin confirmed the superior quality of limestones and marls, and exceptional chemical and physical properties for the production of Portland cements.
1926 The Spišek family bought the local quarries from Pisetta, created the public limited company Moravsko-slovenské cementárne [Moravian – Slovak cement plants] and had a cement plant built by the firm Curt von Gruber from Berlin.
1929 The first cement plant was built, with one kiln with a capacity of 100 tonnes of clinker per day. At that time, the cement plant had a hammer crusher, a tank dryer, a raw mill, a cement mill, two cement silos and a manual packing area.
1943 Two shaft kilns, four cement silos, a clinker hall, a raw mill and a second cement mill were added.
1945 After the end of WWII, the cement plant in Horné Srnie, as the first cement plant in Slovakia, started to produce cement.
1947 The cement plant became part of Slovenské cementárne a vápenky [Slovak cement plants and lime plants] with corporate headquarters located in Trenčín.
1948 The fourth shaft kiln was built, mining in the quarry was mechanized by the use of excavators.
1950 A separate organizational unit, the Hornosrnianska cementáreň, štátny podnik [Horné Srnie cement plant, state-owned enterprise] was created; it had an associated lime plant in Nové Mesto nad Váhom.
1959 Major modernization of the plant. Four shaft kilns, a crushing plant, six raw material containers, a raw mill, three reinforced-concrete homogenization silos, a second mill, two wind screens and a complete slag drying station were built.
1968 The 5th shaft kiln was put into operation.
1970 Construction of an electrofilter for dust elimination from kilns.
1988 Two concrete clinker silos with a capacity of 15 000 tonnes of clinker were built.
1994 An electrofilter was put into operation, thanks to which today the plant emits less carbon than Western European cement plants.
1998 Start of the construction of a new rotary kiln line. The conversion included the construction of a rotary kiln with a LUCE five-stage cyclone heat exchanger and with a calcining channel, as well as a clinker cooler, a raw material crushing plant, a pre-blending store, a homogenization silo, and a coal mill.
2000 Start of the feeding of raw material into the kiln line and launch of the construction of a slag drying plant.
2001 Commissioning of the slag drying plant.
2003 Anew cement mill was commissioned
2004 Use of TAP in the clinker burning process, reduction of the quantity of Cr6+ in cement.
2005 Exhaust of kiln gases, by-pass disposal of chlorine in the system
2006 Modernization of the bulk cement dispatch to road tank cars
2007 Transport and feeding of additives into cement mills.
2008 Start of the construction of fly ash silos and an oil storage, preparation of the construction of a cement silo
2009 New cement silo + dispatch, fly ash silos – commissioning
2010 Addition of storage tanks and dispensing weights on the raw mills.
2011 Feeding of a grinding intensifier into cement mills, start of a conversion of the clinker cooler.